West Michigan FarmLink is based on a simple model. Every Thursday, our farmers and food producers post their products and prices on our website. We email a consolidated product list to our users every Friday. The order period is open from Friday at 8am to Monday at 3pm. The orders are then sent to the growers who pick and pack your products, delivering them to Farmlink's warehouse every Wednesday. You can pick up your food products then, or request a delivery.
The benefits to the buyer:
- Easy access to the freshest products West Michigan has to offer
- Access multiple growers through a single, easy to use website
- Consolidate multiple purchases into one accounting transaction
- Receive one delivery from multiple growers and producers
The benefits to the farmer or producer:
- Access multiple wholesale buyers through one point of sale
- Consolidate multiple sales into one accounting transaction
- Develop new revenue streams while cutting delivery costs
'Farmlink is an inspirational success in our community. Jerry and his team have made it possible for the busy chef to acquire seasonable and organic products locally. This has made it possible for us to be able to deliver an exceptional product to our customers. Farmlink not only has made farm to table possible but they have made it sensible.'
American Culinary Federation - Grand Rapids MI